Sunday, January 16, 2011

Smoking is bad for you.

Caaaaaaaaaarl. O. Don't teach kiddies bad habits.

Carlo from Meg & Dia.

Sort of ran out of time on this one, so the hair is haphazard and the jacket is just an outline. Nevertheless, turned out well. I rarely draw men, so this is a step in the right direction.

Yes, Carlo, you're badass.

EDIT: Went back and did some revisions. More details in hair, less contrast on cigarette, some minor changes to shading, especially on the little open part of his lips. I thought about attempting the leather jacket, but didn't know how to go about it with cross-hatching. Hint: the top one is the new one.



2 comments:

  1. I wish you could have done more detail with the jacket. It really is a great jacket.

    Anyway, the butt cigarette looks flat to me. Not sure what you could do to fix it, but you are the artist :P

    Those are my only gripes, otherwise this is utterly bamf. Great job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel I am so glad I saw you this morning! I love your work! Thanks for letting me share in it!

    ReplyDelete