Monday, January 10, 2011

Monkey!

This is Monkey from Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. A few words about this guy: he is arguably the best video game protagonist I have ever seen. Not because he's any more badass than the next guy- more precisely, because he isn't. He's not a player insert, he's a real character. He's adorable in the Tarzan-with-a-Brooklyn-accent sort of way. Andy Sirkus (performing the voice and motion acting) really brings this guy to life.

I've been playing Enslaved the past two days, and I'm on the last couple chapters (the biggest flaw with this game- it's pretty short). It's a major contender for my all time favorite games list. The visuals are incredible, the characters lovable, the story gripping, and the gameplay is an absolute blast. Go read some reviews, you'll find most people agree with me. Then watch the trailer. Then go buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment