Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Meg goes Steampunk

So yesterday I was contacted by Meg Frampton. The awesome Seventeenth Star (Alyce), a mutual friend, had sent my picture to Meg and she loved it, so she contacted me about using it on her blog. However, she felt that it was very feminine and not quite in line with the steampunk style of her jewelry (and I can totally see where she's coming from). She asked me to replace the butterfly with some cogs. Clearly, I went a little further to make the entire image more cohesively steampunk. That said, I think it turned out really well. I'm happy with it, and hope the she is too.

Obviously this is a hybrid of drawing and photomanipulation, since the cogs are all pictures of watch and clock parts that I didn't paint. It was a lot of fun to do. I've always wanted to try a steampunk piece, but never knew quite how to piece things together. Now that I've figured it out a bit, I may do more steampunk in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I will always love this. Always. I demand a printed copy with both yours AND Meg's signatures! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm very interested in this steampunk art piece that you've created for Meg Frampton. Do you have any other similar pieces that I can take a look at?

    and what is the process of ordering a piece like this or even this one?

    Your work is very captivating, I was hooked on it from first look. You've captured Meg in the image, but it was the combination of gears and words in the background that caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete