Saturday, January 29, 2011

MaD T-Shirts (pt 3)

I know I promised I would put up some real work yesterday, since Thursday I spammed you with Varric Tethras and nasty old artwork. But I suddenly remembered the chapter and quiz that I forgot to do for my Geology class, so that's what I did last night instead of drawing. :/

Another design! This was a little more impromptu. It's an old photo of mine that I came across today and thought might work well. And I think it did. I don't like it as well as the other design visually, but I feel like this one communicates better.

My first design I had a lot of people saying, "Well, what does it mean?" And it's pretty simple, really. A girl laying, daydreaming or something. This one I chose the picture because of the honesty in the expression. And I tried to draw it very honestly. Being a self portrait, it would have been easy to try and make this flattering. But it's not supposed to be beautiful. It's supposed to be truthful. The thing I love about Meg and Dia's music is the incredible honesty that it shows. They're laying their bleeding hearts on the table, and that's pretty rare in today's music industry. So with this picture I tried to match that honesty visually. I hope that it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment