Thursday, January 27, 2011

Draw Varric Thursday

It's Draw Varric Thursday (or Friday, or Saturday) on the Bioware forums in the Varric Tethras appreciation thread. The forums, and in particular that thread, are home to some very talented artists, and seeing their adorable and hilarious renditions of some characters that we mostly know nothing about from a game that doesn't come out for another month makes me want to do a little doodling.

Soo... here's a little something that's pretty different for me. Out of my element and no reference, and not much time for drawing today. In that context, I think it turned out well. It's also fun to draw jaunts like this once in a while.

I leave you with this quote from Mary Kirby, the writer behind Varric Tethras, which just goes to show how awesome the fans in that thread are:

"... holy crap.

Yes, Varric's voice is provided by Brian Bloom.

How the heck did you work that out? You haven't even heard him yet...

*boggles*"




I'll do some real art tomorrow, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment