Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Apollo Cousland and an update on Rhea.

Well! Yesterday I drew Apollo Cousland (his dog is named Husker- hur, hur, hur), which means I'm on track for drawing one Grey Warden a day. 6 1/2 hours on this one, so not as fast as I would like, but still.

Muscles. Interesting challenge, and I think I did alright with it. Hair was also a challenge, since it was largely without a reference. I'm happy with the shading, not as happy with the braid. But I couldn't figure out how to make it look better. :/

A bit about Apollo: Very much your typical budding lordling. Charismatic and talented in many different fields, he comes across to most as an exemplary human being. However, being raised faithful to the Chantry he has an inherent distrust for magic. He also loathes the lower classes, and often exhibits cruelty or a snide attitude towards them. Even though ultimately he will do the right thing (and be seen by many people doing it, of course) he will occasionally fight dirty to get his way.

I've sort of shipped him and Rhea in my mind.

These are the references for the head and the body.



Also. The night after I drew Rhea I realized to my everlasting horror that she was supposed to be black and I forgot. So. I fixed it yesterday. Allow me to present: what Rhea REALLY looks like! XD



Other finished Grey Wardens: white Rhea Amell, Skadi Aeducan, and Amanali Mahariel.

No comments:

Post a Comment