Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mother's Day and Livestream

I disappeared for a while, I know. Part of that was Spring Break last week, and this week I've been all over Dragon Age 2. It's been a lot of fun. But there are a couple updates to make.

I've started a new painting. It's a Mother's Day gift for my grandma, commissioned by my mom. We've still got a while before Mother's Day comes around, but I wanted to get the brunt of it done last week while I was babysitting. Ignore the hair blob. It's just a placeholder. It's not even the right color. I think I have more work to do with the face and eyes, too. For some reason it just feels very unnatural. Give me some time; I'll work it out. Most likely, it's because I've had to fill in a lot of details from my own imagination because I'm working from a blurry black and white photograph.

Also, I have a Livestream account and this painting was the first (successful) test. So you can watch the process of the whole thing here, if you've got six hours laying around. And if you don't, you can skip around. I apologize for the Pokemon and conversations with an 8 year old going on in the background... like I said, I was babysitting at the time, and I didn't realize when it was on screen view it would still record audio. And again, it's unfinished. Expect more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment